Friday, June 11, 2010

First Baptism!




From David:

Hey, this week was awesome. I had my first baptism! Already! And it was in Spanish. They're twins from Peru. I dont know if I can email their names. They've been taught for over 9 months, but now they finally set a date with us. I was really nervous, but my companion went first. He messed up a couple of times and her hair came up, so he had to do it again. So that took a lot of pressure off me! She's super scared of water bc she can't swim, so that made it interesting. I didnt mess up though! It was so cool. We thought they got lost on the way bc we were waiting for about an hour for them. We saw them driving, but they weren't at the stake center. They don't have a cell phone so we were just waiting. We were getting worried they weren't going to show. They ended up being in the back of the stake center. We didn't even know there was another entrance. That was nerve-wrecking though. It was a really cool feeling and I can see why some missionaries want to extend their mission. Not saying I will, lol, I'm just saying I see one of the reasons why :)

No comments: